Friday, September 17, 2010

You Are NOT The Wind Beneath My Wings

Did you ever know that you're my hero? and everything I would like to be?I can fly higher than an eagle, 'cause you are NOT the wind beneath my wings!

A very good evening my Lionettes :-) What did you all think about my remix version of Did you ever know that you’re my hero by Bette Middler? Yeah pretty bad I know. I thought it was appropriate since the Eggles are coming to town and yes I spelled it that way on purpose. You all laughed, admit it!

This Sunday’s game will be televised avoiding a blackout, not like it matters to me since I am going to the game.
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2010/09/detroit_lions_sell_out_sundays.html

The Lions run offense needs to get established because we sure cannot win any games like when we played the Bears we only garned 20 yards on 21 rushing attempts. That cannot happen again. Check out this article by Tom Kowalski.
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2010/09/lions_know_they_have_to_get_ru.html

Linebacker Ernie Sims will be making his return to Ford Field this Sunday. I know some of you had misgivings about the Lions trading him but he was drafted for that Tampa 2 Defense which we no longer run and he was a Matt Millen pick. I wonder how many missed tackles he will have? University of Michigan Defensive End star Brandon Graham will also be returning to Michigan since he plays with the Eggles now.

Here is an article that has some links rounded up. It is pretty short and worth checking out.
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2010/09/detroit_lions_links_1.html

Detroit will finally have some cheerleaders! They are not sanctioned by the Detroit Lions however. They are more or less volunteers trying to drum up buzz and support with the hopes that they will be made the Detroit Lions official cheerleaders. They are called the Detroit Pride and I wish them nothing but the best and hope that eventually the Lions will agree with us fans and realize we want a cheerleading squad that will help cheer this team at Ford Field.

Here is an audio interview with Coach Jim Schwartz on Quarterback Shaun Hill taking over for the injured Matthew Stafford this Sunday. Pretty good audio interview if you have the time to listen.
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2010/09/jim_schwartz_on_wbbl_2.html

Last Thursday there was a Lunchtime Q&A with Tom Kowalski on MLive. Fans posted their questions and you can read them. It’s not that long and worth browsing through. I didn’t get my questions posted and the two I had submitted were if the Lions are finally going to look at drafting a LT with First Round pick next draft and if Stafford might be back sooner than later from his shoulder injury.
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2010/09/lunch_with_killer_tom_kowalski.html

There is some good news on our injury list. LB DeAndre Levy and Safety Louis Delmas are both expected to start but unfortunately DE Cliff Avril is expected to miss this game.
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2010/09/detroit_lions_get_good_news_on.html

Defensive Coordinator Gunther Cunningham is very high on DE KyleVanden Bosch. Check out this article. I wish we had an entire team of guys like him. If we did I GUARANTEE multiple Super Bowl vistories. I am thinking about getting his jersey the next time I order a jersey from the Roar & More :-)
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2010/09/detroit_lions_kyle_vanden_bosc.html

In order for us to have any success of winning this game against the Eggles our defense must STOP Michael Vick. We have got to contain him. If we don’t keep him in check he’ll have 150 yards rushing on us in the first-half alone and our defense will be spending the entire game on the field like a lone survivor on a desert island. Our Dline needs to get to him so I can imagine that Gunther will be dialing up A LOT of blitz packages.
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2010/09/pressure_will_be_on_lions_defe.html

Well my Lionettes enjoy football this weekend. Keep the faith and believe that good things come to those who wait. God Bless you all! I’ll post after the game against the Eggles probably on Monday or Tuesday. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment