Friday, September 3, 2010

Cuts, Cuts, Cuts and Other Stuff!


Howdy my Lionettes,

Well just like Christmas, the pre-season has come and gone. But don’t despair it’ll be back in the Summer of 2011 God will if there is a new Collective Bargaining Agreement reached by then. I am sure there are worse things to consider then no football in 2011 but none are really coming too mind.

I went to the final pre-season game against the Buffalo Bills and had a pretty good time. You know what really annoyed me about this particular trip to Ford Field? It was the fact that me and my bestest buddy Ben had to park in a really crummy parking lot because there was an uber lame Eminem/Jay-Z concert going on at Comerica Park. The real tragedy was how could so many people want to see two no talent hacks instead of the mighty Detroit Lions? That question will befuddle me for the rest of my life!

The stadium was one of the poorest attendances I had ever seen at Ford Field. I guess that goes to reason since the projected starters only played barely the first quarter. In case you missed it my Lionettes the Lions won their final pre-season game by a score of 28-23. I am encouraged by some of the play of our back-ups like Corner Back Paul Pratt intercepting a ball and running it back 106 yards to the house! Quarterback Drew Stanton has a reputation of snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. His two touchdown passes secured a win for us to go 3-1 in the pre-season.

Here is a really cool link sent to me by my bestest buddy Ben that will give you a neat perspective like what it would be like coming through the tunnel at Ford Field. Check it out it is really cool!

Want to know what it's like to walk onto Ford Field as a player... http://www.immersivemedia.com/demos/index.php?clip=Video15

Well my Lionettes here it is as promised. The projected 53-man roster, I however upstaged the rest of the NFL world by throwing in the Practice Squad and the Injured Reserve (IR) List. TOP THAT!

Depth Chart

Quarterbacks
14 Shaun Hill
9 Matthew Stafford
5 Drew Stanton

Running Backs
44 Jahvid Best
21 Aaron Brown
45 Jerome Felton FB
28 Maurice Morris
34 Kevin Smith

Wide Receivers
13 Nate Burleson
80 Bryant Johnson
81 Calvin Johnson
86 Dennis Northcutt
12 Derrick Williams

Tight Ends
89 Will Heller
84 Brandon Pettigrew
85 Tony Scheffler

Offensive Linemen
76 Jeff Backus T
77 Gosder Cherilus T
70 Jason Fox T
65 Dylan Gandy C
68 Jon Jansen T
66 Stephen Peterman G
51 Dominic Raiola C
63 Manny Ramirez G
67 Rob Sims G

Defensive Linemen
92 Cliff Avril DE
96 Andre Fluellen DT
91 Sammie Hill DT
94 Lawrence Jackson DE
75 Turk McBride DE
90 Ndamukong Suh DT
93 Kyle Vanden Bosch DE
99 Corey Williams DT

Linebackers
50 Rocky Boiman ILB
53 Caleb Campbell OLB
52 Vinny Ciurciu OLB
49 Zack Follett OLB
54 DeAndre Levy ILB
59 Julian Peterson OLB

Defensive Backs
40 Aaron Berry CB
32 Dre' Bly CB
39 C. C. Brown SS
26 Louis Delmas FS
33 Jonathan Hefney CB
23 Chris Houston CB
38 T. J. Rushing CB
42 Amari Spievey FS
24 Jonathan Wade CB
35 John Wendling SS
29 Eric King CB

Special Teams
4 Jason Hanson K
2 Nick Harris P
48 Don Muhlbach LS

Reserve Lists
94 Copeland Bryan DE (IR)
72 Trevor Canfield G (IR)
60 Joe Cohen DT (IR)
95 Jared DeVries DE (IR)
46 Richard Dickson TE (IR)
57 Jordon Dizon OLB (IR)
47 Jake Nordin FB (IR)
25 David Roach SS (IR)
31 Jack Williams CB (PUP)
33 Jahi Word-Daniels FS (IR)

Practice Squad
83 Tim Toone WR
82 Dan Gronkowski TE
78 Corey Hilliard T
79 Willie Young DE
97 Korey Bosworth OLB
3 Steve Hauschka K
43 Randy Phillips FS
41 Dante Wesley CB

Well my Lionettes it has been a full day, I am really tired and I have a long day of drinking beer ahead of me tomorrow. Planning on drinking like a fish! And Griff I am calling you out on Bean Bag Toss Buddy! So as always stay the course, keep the faith and God Bless each and every one of you! GO SPARTANS and yes unfortunately GO WOLVERINES for some of you and last but certainly not least GO LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment