Friday, August 13, 2010

Only In The Leap From The Lion’s Head Will He Prove His Worth!

Howdy to all of my bestest friends in the whole wide world! Yes I am talking directly to you my Lionettes! Your all probably wondering how I came up with the title of my latest and greatest entry to my Detroit Lions blog. Well I will answer your enquiring minds right now! There is a scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where our hero Indiana Jones must retrieve the Holy Grail to save his father who was shot by the Nazis. He has to face three challenges in order to reach the Holy Grail and the third and most difficult of the challenges requires blind faith. You see Indiana Jones is staring over a chasm with no way across to the other side. He must cross but there is no way he can possibly jump that far. But then remembers that he must have faith and leap from the Lion statue at the edge. He closes his eyes and falls off the ledge and instead of falling to his death he lands on a ledge that was painted to perfection to make it look invisible.

So that is where we are with this new Detroit Lions team. We have to take that leap from the Lions head to prove our worth. I know we are long-suffering and the past few years have been particularly discouraging and disappointing. But I believe in my heart that our faith will be rewarded. Maybe sooner than we think? It has taken awhile to undo the Matt Millen damage and we still have a ways to go especially with the Secondary and Linebacker Corp as well as the Offensive Line. Speaking of which is it too early to think about next year’s draft wish list?

Here are my wants for the 2011 NFL Draft. Linebacker, Two Cornerbacks, Safety, Offensive Guard or Offensive Tackle, Quarterback (Depending on what happens with Quarterback Drew Stanton since this is his last contract year) and a Defensive End. Of course team needs and BPA (Best Player Available) will be taken into account and where we will be drafting. God willing we draft out of the Top Ten next time.

Some of you may have seen a YouTube video that is becoming a sensation with us Lions fans. It is a clip of the Detroit Lions winning the Super Bowl by beating the Indianapolis Colts in the latest edition of the Madden Football game for Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii. When I first saw it I am not afraid to admit I got misty eyed thinking of what will be someday. Here is the link check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjUh5GbqMxI

Tomorrow we kick-off the pre-season against the Pittsburgh Steelers. I am indifferent to tomorrow’s game although I do hope for a victory; I have learned never to read anything into pre-season performances. Had the 2008 regular season been like their performance in the pre-season they would be erecting statues of Matt Millen and Rod Marinelli in front of Ford Field. In case some of you need a refresher we went 4-0 in the pre-season and 0-16 in the regular season. I will be looking at our new and improved 4-3 defense as well as how the Secondary performs.

All of our draft picks have been signed with the last being DT Ndamukong Suh who held out for four days. It was shorter than WR Calvin Johnson holding out for 8 days before he got his contract signed. I know he said he was going to be in on camp at time and wasn’t but I am willing to let bygones be bygones. I am looking forward to Suh smacking the heck out of opposing team’s QB’s which hopefully becomes a habit.

Here is the current Detroit Lions roster from Wikipedia as of today. I know you can take what Wikipedia says with a grain of salt but in this instance they are very accurate. I am not certain who maintains this particular page but whoever they are, they do a very good job of keeping it updated with the latest information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Detroit_Lions_roster

Lastly I mean for this last part in this entry to be to the team itself. Tomorrow (Saturday) you’ll be taking the field to do something very few people get the chance to do. No matter what happens to you after the pre-season always remember you carry the hopes and dreams of an entire city and state with you. Us fans believe in you guys and know you’ll do great things. Remember what the coaches have told you, do not over think the plays, relax and just execute. Do that and you’ll be just fine. God bless you all and I will be eagerly awaiting kick-off at 7:30 p.m. but whose counting :-)

Well until next time my Lionettes stay strong, be safe and GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment