Saturday, February 21, 2009

This patient needs a whole new body

Howdy to all of my Lionettes,

The patient has a ruptured spleen, swelling in the brain, a collapsed lung, internal bleeding, a broken collarbone, a broken femur, both arms broken, several cracked/broken ribs and a myriad number of lacerations. No I am not referring to the medical condition of an unfortunate car crash victim from a PSA on the dangers of drinking and driving, but the condition of the Lions roster and what parts/positions need to be addressed first. There are lots of needs but I have amended my wish list of position needs in the coming draft:

1 DT, 2 LBs, 1 TE, 1 CB, 1 OT, 1 S and 1 KR

That is a pretty solid list that address the most critical of needs and I look forward to all of your suggestions on what positions you would pick with our eight picks in the draft.

Well the first day of the 2009 NFL Scouting combine is done and some interesting tidbits from today. I think OT Andre Smith from Alabama stock just dropped like the first 5 picks after today’s shenanigans. I think it would be a bad idea to draft a guy who does not show up, lift or work-out. So I do not believe our Lions will pick him with that overall pick or I should hope that they won’t. WR Michael Crabtree from Texas Tech has a stress fracture in his left foot so a small glimmer of hope that we could trade that 1st Overall pick to the Oakland Raiders since they are head over heels in love with Crabtree has pretty much evaporated. But you never know we cashed in on Jerry Jones management of the Cowboys like it’s his own personal fantasy football team to our benefit so maybe we can cash in on Raiders owner Al Davis’ senility.

Here are my suggestions for the first round in the draft.

With the 1st overall pick since our likelihood of us trading that pick away is about as likely as me bench pressing a bus would be either ILB Aaron Curry from Wake Forest or OT Jason Smith from Baylor. For our 20th pick in the 1st round, it could be either ILB James Laurinaitis from Ohio State or LB Rey Maualuga from Southern Cal.

Here is an article from Tom Kowalski about Jason Smith whom I believe could be a very good value for our number 1 pick

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/02/in_terms_of_the_lions_top_pick.html

I am not going to waste mine or your time with possibilities for the second through sixth rounds. There are more drafting scenarios than I care to count. What will happen on draft day is the Lions will have the list of players they want and will select them in order when they are on the clock.

Well everyone I will have another post tomorrow night after round 2 of the combine when RBs, WRs and QBs are going through their combine drills. Until then GO LIONS!

No comments:

Post a Comment